Having a social media presence has become a necessity for businesses, large or small. Here’s why:
- 51% of Americans age 12 and up use Facebook (up 538% from 2008)
- The average Facebook user spends 6:35 hours on Facebook each month
- Facebook has generated leads for 73% of B2C companies 35% of B2B companies
- 80% of U.S. social network users indicated Facebook was their preferred network for connecting with brands.
- Most Facebook users accept what they read on Facebook as “fact”
- 42% of Twitter users learn about products and services on Twitter
- 41% of Twitter users provide their opinions about products and services on Twitter
- 31% of Twitter users ask for opinions about products and services on Twitter
How do you represent your business socially?